It’s not easy to get on my list. These are the names you throw up on the board in the first five minutes. I only have 38. IMO, the Mets don’t have 50 prospects, but, in their defense, neither do any other teams
It is dominated with talented, young starting pitching (14), which is the future of this team.
These are the guys that have an inside change of making it someday to Queens.
This is your future.
1. SP Zack Wheeler – potential future superstar in baseball
2. CF Brandon Nimmo – projected CF NYM star in 2015-2016
3. 2B Wilmer Flores – the 2014 second baseman for the NYM
4. SP Rafael Montero – easily, the most ‘stuff’ past Wheeler
5. RP Jack Leathersich – off the charts K/IP ratio
6. SP Michael Fulmer – incredible poise at his young age
7. RP Jeurys Familia – having difficulty locating the heater
8. SS Phillip Evans – so-so year for projected MIF starter
9. SP Luis Mateo – all scouts say he’s the real deal
10. 3B Aderlin Rodriguez – must move to 1B in the off-season
11. SS Gavin Cecchini – broken finger hurt his 2012 start
12. OF Vicente Lupo – huge DSL star will come stateside in spring
13. OF Cory Vaughn – will only hit HRs until his swing is changed
14. RP Domingo Tapia – just sick, destined for the pen
15. SP Cory Mazzoni – dark horse for 2014 rotation
16. SP Jacob deGrom – scouts/coaches all say he’s for real
17. SP Logan Verrett – steady innings eater than does his job
18. SP Darin Gorski – needs stellar 2013 at AAA to project to Queens
19. 2B Danny Muno – has passed Havens as current top 2B in org.
20. OF Eudy Pina – all tools right now, tremendous ceiling
21. RP Marcos Camarena – finished out of zone, destined for pen
22. SP Tyler Pill – another steady ex-Friday starter that delivers
23. OF Gilbert Gomez – all ceiling, disappointed at Sav. this year
24. OF Cesar Puello – needs a healthy year to get back on the horse
25. 2B Reese Havens – he get one more shot, this time at AAA
26. OF Matt Den Dekker – returns to AAA to hopefully dominate
27. SS Wilfredo Tovar – top trade bait in the organization
28. C Kevin Plawecki – showing why he was drafted in 2nd round
29. OF Darrell Ceciliani – another guy that needs a healthy year
30. SP Steven Matz – pitched excellently in short healthy time
31. SP Rainy Lara – the best of the old men of Brooklyn
32. SP Hansel Robles – great start in Brooklyn
33. SP Gabriel Ynoa – great start in Brooklyn v.2.0
34. SP Luis Cessa – great start in Brooklyn v3.0
35. SS Leon Canelon – will come stateside in spring
36. C Adrian Abreu – power catcher will come stateside in spring
37. SS Ahmed Rosario – 16/yr. old signed out of D.R.
38. 3B Pedro Perez – 16/yr. old signed out of D.R.