The Mets won their third straight game, this time over the St. Louis Cardinals behind strong pitching from their ace Matt Harvey. Lucas Duda came through with an RBI single in the fourth inning to give the Mets a 1-0 lead. Jeurys Familia came into the game to try to get the save in the ninth, but could not, suffering his first blown save of the season. John Mayberry Jr. came through with the walk off infield single in the bottom of the 14th inning.
- After seven shutout innings and 97 pitches, Terry Collins had to decide whether or not to leave Harvey in the game. He left him in. The gamble paid off.
- With the eight scoreless innings tonight, Harvey now has a streak of 16 consecutive scoreless innings and no wins to show for it. Harvey appears to seemingly be taking the cause to #KillTheWin by himself.
- The game was the first extra inning game of the season for the club, becoming the last team in the MLB to play extra innings.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis is still bad. Erik Goeddel is still good.
- Dos Torreses pitched well in the extra frames, hurling 3 1/3 shutout innings combined.