The Mets were shot out of a cannon to start the second half with an explosive 14-2 win over the Rockies at Citi Field.
- Following a rocky first inning, Jacob deGrom settled down to pitch eight dominant innings, allowing just one earned run on four hits, while striking out 11. He also contributed two hits to bring his season average up to .286.
- The Mets offense went into high gear delivering 19 hits and seven walks.
- Yoenis Cespedes had four hits and Jose Reyes had three.
- Michael Conforto and T.J. Rivera hit home runs.
- deGrom, Conforto, Rivera, Asdrubal Cabrera and Lucas Duda all had two-hit games.
- Travis d’Arnaud and Jay Bruce each got one hit and a walk.
- Cespedes gunned down a runner at the plate with a throw that didn’t seem humanly possible. Look up the replay if you missed it.
- The Rockies got two hits apiece from Charlie Blackmon and Gerardo Parra, but not much else. Their pitchers, from start Jon Gray to three out of four relievers, got knocked around like bad prize fighters.